Introduction, Values, Aims and Ethos
Hollinhey was opened in 1970; the building and grounds provide us with excellent opportunities for a wide range of activities. Inside we have a central hall, seven large classrooms, three learning bays, a library and an ICT suite. The suite allows every child access to a computer so that whole class teaching and learning of ICT can take place effectively. Every classroom has two or three computers and an LED interactive multi-touch display screen.
We have disabled access through the majority of outside doors. The school is on one level internally with wide doorways. We have disabled parking and disabled toilet. .
Outside we are very fortunate to have two large playgrounds, two climbing frames, a "quiet area", a willow tunnel, an outdoor library, a wild area, a children’s garden and an enclosed environmental area. The whole school is set in well maintained grounds and is surrounded by beautiful countryside. In addition, Hollinhey boasts a large EYFS area with a mud kitched, a small stage, a sandpit and raised flower and vegetable containers.
Hollinhey’s school aims and values are evident throughout the school
1. To foster a happy, stimulating and secure learning environment in which pupils, staff, parents and governors work in a partnership within which everyone’s contribution to the educational processis valued.
2. To provide a broad and balanced curriculum of the highest possible quality through which each child can experience success and develop a love of learning.
3. To raise standards of achievement for all pupils.
4. To nurture the spiritual, social and moral development of our pupils by encouraging both a caring approach and an appreciation of their responsibilities towards other people.
5. To maintain and develop our links with the local and wider community.
6. To promote equal opportunities for all of our pupils and to encourage respect and understanding for the diverse society in which we live.
7. To provide those resources which are necessary to fulfil our aims and to ensure that these are used flexibly, effectivelyand efficiently.
Our Core Values
These values run through everything we do here at Hollinhey and are embedded in the ethos of the school. All the children throughout the school were involved in choosing our core values, and parents were also consulted.
Every Child Matters
We are very proud to say that every child does matter at Hollinhey and we are always working with governors, staff, parents, children, our community and various outside agencies to continually improve our already excellent provision.
If paper versions of any information on this website are required, then please contact Mandy McPike in the School Office.